Express yourself, don't repress yourself.

This is just my journal. Sometimes it's a place to rant, sometimes it's a place to just talk about how things are going for me.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Boston Day 2

Whew. This was a pretty mediocre day. Among the many things that didn't go as planned (I won't list them because it would take too long) was that I sprayed sunscreen in my eye, forgot to go to the museum I really wanted to see, and made the horrible horrible mistake of ordering a chai that wasn't made with Oregon Chai. It was bad. It was like black tea with milk in it. I added my own honey and that made it bearable. But seriously, a huge waste of $2.50.

On the upside, I did get to spend an hour looking at some beautiful art. I have a new favorite VanGogh painting; "Three Pairs of Shoes". I had one of the best chicken ceasar wraps I've ever had, and saw some really awesome holograms at the MIT museum.
I walked a lot. A LOT. I walked so much that my leg muscles began to ache as much as my feet. If I came to live here, I would get so much exercise! But there's also a great public transportation system. I just haven't used it as much as I might have because I don't know it yet. But it's nice. I'll have to go ride the subway at some point, even if it's just to turn around and come back. I got an unlimited ticket for 7 days, even though I'm only here for 4. I figured with the frequent bus rides (like four a day) it would be worth it anyway.

I'm going to visit UMass Amherst next, and so far the plans for it are not going so well. The professor there I most wanted to study with is not taking students anymore, and I've been having trouble getting connected there. Whatever. I think I have at least one meeting lined up. And it'll be definitely different from Boston. Pretty. Maybe it'll end up just being a vacation and I won't apply there.
My roommates are big sleepers. They went to bed at 10 last night and are still asleep at 9:30. I woke up at 6, although since I don't have plans till the afternoon, I indulged in a bit more sleep. But I woke up again and decided I needed to come down and have some breakfast before it was all done being served.

Apartment in the area where I wish I could go to school, with bay windows, $1150. Sigh. If only I had been the student selected by Dr. Hall last year and/or there was a shot of being selected this year.
Anyway, I get to meet Dr. Hall in person, today, which is good enough at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home